Wowza Community

No audio when using (Flash -> Wowza -> Flowplayer)

Hello,

Im streaming a webcam/mic signal from flash to Wowza media server, the thing is that if I check the TEST PLAYERS icon in the dashboard Im able to see and hear the stream, but if I use flowplayer Im able only to see the Live video but mutted.

This is what im doing:

• From Flash im NetStreaming the video/audio signal using SPEEX as the audio codec.

• Then in the Wowza app I have the default transcoder enabled.

• Using the test players icon im able to see and hear the stream.

• Im using the default Flowplayer demo to put the signal from Wowza in a HTML site (http://demos.flowplayer.org/basics/live.html).

In this case the default m3u8 URL from the example works fine but when using mine, Im only able to see the video.

Is there any additional configuration to make it work properly? I think i have something missing in the Wowza configuration as the default player works fine and the test players button also works fine.

Cheers,

Carlos

Just to mention, Im testing the system with Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder and im able to see/hear the signal. Any idea?

Hi,

This means that you are running with a non-paid restricted license, such as a Trial or Developer license. These types of license mean that there will be watermarks in the transcoded audio.

The watermarks will not be present when running with full paid unrestricted licenses.

Daren

HLS only support MP3 at 44100Hz, 128kbs and AAC audio. You have to transcode the Speex to AAC. Take a look at this guide:

How to convert Flash Player 11 output from H.264 + Speex audio to H.264 + AAC audio using Wowza Transcoder AddOn

Kind regards,

Salvadore

I just have found this in the logs…

WARN server comment 2015-11-02 12:18:20 - - - - - 344053.634 - - - - - - - - CupertinoPacketHandler.handleHolder[final_test/definst/myStream]: Invalid video/audio codec combination for iPhone/iPod: video:H264 audio:SPEEX

WARN server comment 2015-11-02 12:18:20 - - - - - 344053.634 - - - - - - - - CupertinoPacketHandler.handleHolder[final_test/definst/myStream]: Invalid audio codec for iPhone/iPod:SPEEX

WARN server comment 2015-11-02 12:20:21 - - - - - 344173.729 - - - - - - - - CupertinoPacketHandler.handleHolder[final_test/definst/myStream]: Invalid video/audio codec combination for iPhone/iPod: video:H264 audio:G711_MULAW

WARN server comment 2015-11-02 12:20:21 - - - - - 344173.729 - - - - - - - - CupertinoPacketHandler.handleHolder[final_test/definst/myStream]: Invalid audio codec for iPhone/iPod:G711_MULAW

I have followed this article:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-convert-flash-player-11-output-from-h-264-speex-audio-to-h-264-aac-audio-using-wowza-transcoder

No luck yet, any idea?

Hello!!!

After fighting a little bit with the server, now im able to see and hear the stream.

But now im having another issue, each 30secs im receiving a 4 tones signal…

Is this related to the server configuration??

Thanks!