Wowza Community

How to use wowza on my website

i am new at using wowza … whatched your tutorial and when try to connect wowza Gecoder to my wowza stream manager(trial) on ‘localhost’ … all tries return ‘’ connectio failed ‘’

so i think to use my webiste to try again … and searched alot how to connect wowza to my website but nothing help me

Hello,

You will need to access your Wowza Streaming Engine server using the IP address of the machine where Wowza is running.

If you are running Wowza inside a private network, you will need to configure your network router to forward all incoming connections towards the IP address of your Wowza server.

Here you can find some useful instructions on how to configure different network router types to do port forwarding: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/

Zoran

Hi,

Yes, you can install Wowza Streaming Engine on the same machine as the one running your web server. You will need to be careful when assigning the ports which are going to be used for streaming as you would like to avoid running into the situation that both your webserver and Wowza use the same ports, resulting in port conflicts.

In the “How to get started as a Wowza Streaming Engine Manager administrator” forum article you can find information on how to configure ports that are used by Wowza Streaming Engine.

In the “How to install and configure Wowza Streaming Engine” article you can find useful instructions regarding a Wowza installation.

Zoran

thanks for help

but there is a way to make my wowza manager running on my server directly ??? … not from my pc