Thread: No multicast on Wowza input

Default No multicast on Wowza input

HI,

I am testing Wowza streaming engine trial.I wanted to test multicast as an input. F
    - I streamed a sample video with VLC using multicast locally on the same PC as wowza is installed. Video was successfully picked up by wowza.
    - I connected an ethernet lan interface to the network, where multicast streams are available. . I got no data on wowza input.
    - I followed the instructions on
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?78-How-to-listen-for-a-multicast-stream-on-a-particular-network-interface and configured this ethernet port for wowza to listen to multicast, but I still get no multicast
    streams on wowza input. VLC plays those streams without a problem on the same computer.
    - Whenever I check logs, I see that WOwza still listens only on local interface (127.0.0.1) and not on ethernet LAN, where multicast streams are incoming.

How can I get multicast streams into Wowza streaming engine from ethernet LAN port ?

Hello,

Did you also add the property mentioned in the Multicast Binding article to the RTP/Properties in [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml? (Please be sure to get the correct <Properties> container - there are several in Application.xml):

<Property>
    <Name>multicastInterfaceAddress</Name>
    <Value>[address-of-network-interface]</Value>
    </Property>

Best regards,
    Andrew

Hi,

Yes I did. I also tried restarting wowza streaming engine service after this, but I still got no input. OS is Windows 7 64-bit. PC is ZBook 15.

Hi,
    Andrew's suggestion usually works in this case. Verify the property is in the right place.

Failing that you can try specifying a route as this poster suggests.

Daren