Thread: REST API: 404 error on existing applications

Default REST API: 404 error on existing applications

Hi,
    I upgraded my Wowza to 4.3 and started implementing REST API.
    I do GET-request using REST API like: http://{SERVER}:{PORT}/v2/servers/_defaultServer_/vhosts/_defaultVHost_/applications/{app}
    {app} can have a name like stream_cam_x5431a.

When i issue GET request to load current application data i get the following:
    - apps that have directory and own Application.xml in conf/ directory WORKS (if Application.xml is not from older Wowza),
    - apps that have global config via conf/Application.xml and have dirs in applications/ - gets 404 (but app works, stream is going on),
    - apps that have old config file and own DIR (from 3.x Wowza) gets 404 error.

Any clues? I consider there is a huge bug in REST API.
    Marcin
    Last edited by Speed666; 11-10-2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Fixing title to be more accurate

Hello Marcin

In response to your three scenarios:

- apps that have directory and own Application.xml in conf/ directory WORKS (if Application.xml is not from older Wowza),

> Great, this should be the case

- apps that have global config via conf/Application.xml and have dirs in applications/ - gets 404 (but app works, stream is going on),

> Currently this is by design. I have spoken with our engineering team and they will take another look to determine the feasibility of changing this reaction. There is no timeframe on this result, however.

> Currently old configurations are not supported.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt_y View Post
    Hello Marcin

In response to your three scenarios:

> Great, this should be the case

> Currently this is by design. I have spoken with our engineering team and they will take another look to determine the feasibility of changing this reaction. There is no timeframe on this result, however.

> Currently old configurations are not supported.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Ok then - i have to reorganize my whole CDN to work with REST API. Too bad but i can live with it