Wowza Community

Need to do changes for Cupertino on Edge server

I have done some changes on my Origin Server settings for reducing delay to Apple HLS [ cupertino] . Do I need to enable the same settings on my Edge Servers ?.

cupertinoChunkDurationTarget

Integer

cupertinoMaxChunkCount

Integer

cupertinoPlaylistChunkCount

Integer

cupertinoRepeaterChunkCount

Integer

There is acceptable delay on my Origin server after enable the above settings , whereas my edge server has more delay. So , Do I need to enable the same settings in my Edge server also ?.

Hello there.

In a live stream repeater (origin/edge) configuration, packetizers are set with repeater values on each Wowza edge server. e.x:

cupertinostreamingrepeater

Please review this guide for more information:

Configuring HTTP packetizers

Regards,

Salvadore

Hi,

Yes it’s recommended that you edit the cupertinoChunkDurationTarget on your edge(s) to match the cupertinoChunkDurationTarget on the origin server where the stream is repeating from.

cupertinoChunkDurationTarget - Sets the duration of each chunk in milliseconds. If you’re using Origin/Edge configuration this will need to be set on the Origin and Edges with matching values.

This is outlined in the article How to configure Apple HLS packetization (cupertinostreaming).

Regards,

Jason

You want to configure on the origin and repeat on the edge.

Regards,

Salvadore

@salvadore , Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for your comment.

Do I need to set the same property values in Edge Server what I set in Origin like cupertinoChunkDurationTarget and so on ? . Or its no needed to enable the same property in Edge servers