Wowza Community

Modifying a stream and displaying while playing

It seems like this must be a common requirement and maybe I am not following existing posts which describe this. I am hoping to intercept a stream while it is playing, make changes to individual frames, potentially all of them and then present those modified frames to the end user so that, for example, a personalized version of a video is created. I understand that this might slow the video playback significant.

Please give me some example code in Java or point me to an existing thread that is able to do the above.

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

It is not clear exactly what you are trying to do. Can you please provide more detail about your question, or perhaps an example of what you would like to do to the stream?

As it stands now, I would have to say what you are trying to do is not supported, but more info might help to aid in a solution.

regards,

Salvadore

You might be able to find hired help with this in the find a consultant forum.

When posting to the consultant forum, please include a project scope, time frame and budget.

This would otherwise be beyond the scope of the Wowza support forums.

Best,

Salvadore

The result I am seeking is to modify a video on demand stream by processing each frame so that the end user sees a modified video. Perhaps I would use a library like OpenCV to find faces in the video and black them out. The approach I would try is to grab each frame, process it and then re-insert it into the stream that the end user will see. I have no code for this because I don’t know how to do it but I would think this could be done by writing a Java module.

Hi jrmiller,

Were you able to find a solution for this?

I have exactly same requirement and did not find any examples for it.