Wowza Community

Continue livestream after finish transcoding

I use wowza with nDVR addon and I have this issue:

I use wowza for stream video from my camera system but my camera system does not support h26x output so I use ffmpeg for transcoding to h264 and ffmpeg forward h264 output to wowza (in parallel with transcoding).

But my problem is:

When ffmpeg transcoding is done wowza has finish livestreaming and I need refresh site in browser for switch to VOD stream.

So I have to set up wowza for don´t finish livestream after transcoding is done. So livestream will be going on after finish transcoding or I need set up Wowza for automatically switching livestream to VOD stream when transcoding is done.

I need to make possible this: When transcoding is finished I need to make possible playing video without interruption or any action on user site (such as refresh site in browser after finish transcoding).

Can you tell me how can I set up Wowza for don´t finish livestream after transcoding is done? Or can you tell me how can I set up wowza for automatically switching to VOD stream (without any action on user side browser) after transcoding is finish?

BTW now I use HDS protocol for livestreaming and RTMP protocol for VOD streaming.

Thank you for advice.

Hi ukulele,

It sounds like you need to be able to switch between a live stream (inbound transcoded stream from ffmpeg) to a VOD stream once the live stream is unpublished. If so, then you can use the LoopUntilLive module which makes use of a pre-roll VOD file that it will switch to once a live stream ends, and will switch back to the live stream once the live stream is published again by ffmpeg.

Michelle