Thread: Surpress confirmation message when launching app with config url

Default Surpress confirmation message when launching app with config url

We've built a launcher application for Android that launches the GoCoder app with predefined settings through a configuration URL, as described in the docs: https://www.wowza.com/forums/content...app#url_config

Everything works great, however, when you launch GoCoder through the config URL, the user is prompted with a confirmation dialog where she has to confirm that she wants use the configured settings. This makes for a poor user experience, when used with a launcher app like ours.

Is there any way we can suppress this message, so the user doesn't have to confirm the settings everytime?
    Last edited by eliasson; 12-15-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Hi,

I do not believe that there is anything configurable within GoCoder for that, but I shall speak to our developers to confirm or if not to capture as a feature request.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Did you get any confirmation on this, or do you have any further information?

Regards,
    Christofer

Hi Christofer,

Have you looked at testing with the GoCoder SDK? This would provide you with more control on the user interface.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by michelle_b View Post
    Hi Christofer,

Have you looked at testing with the GoCoder SDK? This would provide you with more control on the user interface.

Michelle
    Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your reply, I've been looking at the SDK briefly and think it looks good, I've been waiting for a solution like this, it can come in very handy. For this particular usecase, I would prefer a solution where we could launch the original GoCoder app though.

/ Christofer

Hi Christofer,

Unfortunately, I spoke to our Engineering team, and this was put in place for the core GoCoder product for security considerations, as a user may inadvertently click on a malicious published URL that would overwrite their settings and start streaming live automatically to a destination that they had not chosen or authorized. We do understand, however, that some organizations with different requirements have a pool of streaming publishers that were already cognizant of the URL's function and had already provided consent. In these instances, we offer the GoCoder whitelabel or SDK options to allow customization of the app. You can contact our sales team for either product if you are interested. The GoCoder whitelabel allows you to add your own brand on the GoCoder app and customize it to a certain degree, while the GoCoder SDK offers more customization.

The confirmation dialog box should also only come up for the initial auto configuration. When the user starts up the GoCoder app again, the settings have been saved already, and they would only need to click on the stream button.

Michelle