Wowza Community

Save the last 20sec of the streaming you are receiving on an separate VOD (mp4)

I would like to know if you think that it is possible, and where maybe I can find information about how to save the last 20sec of the streaming you are receiving on an separate VOD (mp4).

I want to create a solution that will enable me to press a button (for example) and command Wowza Streaming Engine to take the last 20sec or 30sec of the LIVE stream and capture it as a separate VOD. As you know Wowza Streaming Engine can record live streams and save them as VOD, but what I want to do is create snippets of VOD for specific moments during the live event, and on the fly, without having to wait until the entire live streams ends. I would like to be able to do this same thing for some incoming streams at the same time, and save them with a custom name/location.

Firts, I would like to know if this is possible… I believe this can be done with the JAVA API. But I’m not sure… Where I can start investigating?

Best Regards!!!

Orlando

Hi

There are a number of ways you could do this.

You could just start and stop the stream recording at will using the built-in Live Stream Record HTTP Provider.

You could easily call this from your own player or webpage.

There is also a develop similar method through the use of the REST API using these Stream Recording Query Examples.

Daren