Wowza Community

EC2 instance ami-e1784a96 startup transrate.xml 720 set to false ?

Hi I am using the EC2 instance with BYOL ami-e1784a96

I have a zip file which I can send

WowzaStreamingEngine-s3-lickey-4.3.0-x86_64 - ami-e1784a96

WowzaStreamingEngine-s3-lickey-4.3.0-x86_64 AMI

Root device type: instance-store Virtualization type: paravirtual

Next Configuration Instance Details

Advanced details

‘as file’

ParsTV_1.0.1.zip

Review and Launch

Launch

choose key pair

when the instance gets initialised the ‘720’ setting gets set to false ?

how can I ensure that it is true and supposed to be as the config file.

thanks

Brian

false

720p

mp4:${SourceStreamName}_720p

Hello,

It is the default setting for 720p do be disabled in this AMI. After making changes to your instance, you may want to ‘Stop’ your instance, instead of ‘Terminating’ as this way any setting changes you make will be saved. If you’re looking to reproduce additional instances with the same baseline configuration, you may want to look into using snapshots.

Best regards,

Andrew

Hello,

It is the default setting for 720p do be disabled in this AMI. After making changes to your instance, you may want to ‘Stop’ your instance, instead of ‘Terminating’ as this way any setting changes you make will be saved. If you’re looking to reproduce additional instances with the same baseline configuration, you may want to look into using snapshots.

Best regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew, Happy New Year from Scotland ;o)

thanks for reply. does the actual configuration that I supply not over-ride the default settings ?

I’ll have a look at ‘snapshots’

I stream a soccer match and setup and use an instance for 4 hours, then terminate. then on next match day i create a new instance again.

Brian

Hi Brian,

The configuration changes you make should override the default settings for that instance but when you terminate the instance, any changes you’ve made to the configuration will be lost. That’s why stopping the instance instead of terminating may be a better method. This way the server is saved as an instance that you can restart with your configuration changes saved.

The snapshots may help if you have to programmatically start instances with your custom configuration.

Happy New Year!

Andrew