Wowza Community

WSE production and development builds, versions 4.3.0 and 4.3.2.02

The Software Updates documentation says

The latest production build is Wowza Streaming Engine 4.3.0 build 16025 released on October 6, 2015. For a complete list of changes in this build, see the Release Notes.

Update your current installation

Sign in to your Account Management page using your Wowza account and then check the My Downloads tab to get a production build update for your installed Wowza Streaming Engine software.

When I log in to My Account and go to the My Downloads tab, the only version available is 4.3.0.02. Version 4.3.0.02 seems to be a development build:

Development updates

Between stable, production releases, Wowza™ produces development builds periodically in the form of updates. This allows you to try the latest releases of Wowza media server software to test and give feedback, and to get early access to new features. For more information about the latest Development updates, see Development Builds.

Development Builds

Note: Development builds are not official releases and may not be stable.

Wowza Streaming Engine 4.3.0

The latest Wowza media server software development build is Wowza Streaming Engine 4.3.0.02 build 17246 released on December 16, 2015.

I figure that I should be using version 4.3.0.02 (since that is the only version available in the My Downloads tab) but why does the documentation says that it is a development build?

Hi,

When a software production build is released (4.x.x), it is released as both a full binary installer and a zipped update patch. The installer files are available for trial users to download from our website, while the update patch is available only for Wowza Portal users with valid maintenance and support. In-between these production releases, and to allow for a more agile development, we release development builds (4.x.x) that are only available for Wowza Portal users with valid M&S. The changes introduced in these builds are usually rolled over to the next production release. Both releases still go through QA processing.

If you are updating from a 4.x.x instance, then do feel free to update with the 4.3.0.02 patch. If you are upgrading from a previous version (3.x or earlier), then do make sure that you install with a full installer file, and then apply the update patch. In either case, you will need to correctly migrate your configurations from the previous version, and to test your system thoroughly.

Michelle