Wowza Community

MPEG-DASH for HbbTV

Hi there

I am currently trying to get my live-application on Wowza Streaming Engine HbbTV-Ready. I know that there are a lot of TVs which are not (yet) fully DASH-ready or compliant.

Some TVs are not playing back the adaptive playlist, but they do let me stream a single quality. After a little bit of reading and tweaking, i found out that with the mpegdashEnableHbbtvLiveProfile-Switch it adds “urn:mpeg:dash:profile:isoff-live:2011” to my playlist. After reading a bit further, i found out that some TVs seem to require this string in the profile-attribute: urn:hbbtv:dash:profile:isoff-live:2012,urn:mpeg:dash:profile:isoff-live:2011.

Is there a reason that you only include the 2011 profile-attribute to the MPD? If no, do you plan to add the 2012 in the future?

Chris

Hi, Chris.

If you are still looking for an answer to this question I suggest opening a ticket by following these steps.

Regards,

Salvadore

Hi there

I am currently trying to get my live-application on Wowza Streaming Engine HbbTV-Ready. I know that there are a lot of TVs which are not (yet) fully DASH-ready or compliant.

Some TVs are not playing back the adaptive playlist, but they do let me stream a single quality. After a little bit of reading and tweaking, i found out that with the mpegdashEnableHbbtvLiveProfile-Switch it adds “urn:mpeg:dash:profile:isoff-live:2011” to my playlist. After reading a bit further, i found out that some TVs seem to require this string in the profile-attribute: urn:hbbtv:dash:profile:isoff-live:2012,urn:mpeg:dash:profile:isoff-live:2011.

Is there a reason that you only include the 2011 profile-attribute to the MPD? If no, do you plan to add the 2012 in the future?

Chris

Same here. Did you have any news from support?

Regards

Hello,

We don’t specifically support the 2012 profile, meaning that we have not done testing, certification, or verification of our compatibility with this profile. This profile can be used and may work for many workflows.

There is an option available that will allow you to list these profile attributes in your MPD file. If you’re interested in testing this, please open a ticket with support referencing this post for more information.

Best regards,

Andrew