Wowza Community

How to embedd current song info to hls (shoutcast v1)

Hi

I want to embedd current song information from shoutcast to wowza hls stream, how can i do this ?

I can use Shoutcast V1 for source.

Best regards.

Hi,

You would need to use several tutorials and some custom code to pull the meta data from a Shoutcast stream and then push it to an iOS device.

A couple of tutorials to look at

How to add ID3 tags into a iOS stream when onTextData events are found

How to debug the events on an iOS device

One which can be used to pull meta data from a stream

If you feel like you need help setting all this up, you might want to post a request to the find a consultant forum

Regards,

Salvadore

Thank you Salvadore, we can try thats.

Thank you

Hello Salvadore

We can compile this two module

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-convert-ontextdata-events-in-a-live-or-vod-stream-to-timed-events-id3-tags-in-an-apple-hls-stream

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-use-imediastreamactionnotify3-interface-to-listen-for-rtmp-stream-events-includes-codec-info

and add the this modules to /conf/application/Application.xml last entry of modules.

com.test.ModuleCupertinoLiveOnTextToID3

com.test.ModuleMediaStreamActionNotify3

But cant receive any metadata or song information When playing hls audio link.

Up

Thank you Salvadore.

I need to view metadata song name in IOS devices.

is HLS audio only stream’s include this data ?

regards.

Cenk

You may need to use a player that exposes the metadata in javascript methods (JW Player does this) or modify the example player to expose the metadata in a javascript method.

You can then use javascript to display the data on the page.

See the example at the bottom of this page, for how to get the jw player metadata in a javascript method.

Again, if you need assistance setting this up, you can post a request to the find a consultant forum

Regards,

Salvadore

Cenk,

HLS is currently the mobile protocol for both iOS and Android devices, as well ideal for HTML5 players.

Regards,

Mac