Wowza Community

How to do live stream in wowza server running in local cloud using live555 libraries.

Hi,

I have cross compiled live555 library for my android board and using that i can able to stream video board to any other device using rtsp protocol.

I have used “live555MediaServer” program for stream board to other devices. I got “rtsp” url and using that i am able to stream.

But now i want to push this video to wowza server which is running in our local cloud. while reading wowza document i found that you can use any supported encoder to stream video to wowza by registering wowza steaming engine in your encoder. I found following lines

-> In your encoder, enter the following information, and then click Publish or Start:

-> Server URL: rtsp://[wowza-ip-address]:1935/live

-> Stream Name: myStream

-> User: publisherName

-> password: [password]

so I want to know how can i register wowza ip with live555. In live555 is there any way we can register this wowza ip and stream video in wowza streaming engine ?

I found one application in “live555/testProgs/registerRTSPStream” while running this application with out any command line option it is showing below usage

usage: registerRTSPStream [-t] [-u ] [proxy-URL-suffix]

So Is it possible to register wowza server using this application and If yes then how to do it ?

And suppose this possible how to watch streamed video in wowza streaming engine using Test Player?

Hi,

As long as you have an RTSP URL that you can use to stream from your source encoder, you can connect this stream to your Wowza software. You may need to connect it via MediaCaster as a stream file by adding the RTSP URL in your stream file. You should not need to register the application.

Once you have connected the stream file, you should see the stream as active in the Incoming Stream. Click on the Incoming Stream, and click on Test Player in your Manager UI. It should populate the playback URL and allow you to play the stream.

Michelle

Hi,

If you would like to access your Wowza server from an external network, you will need to use a public IP address for your Wowza server, and route the external traffic to your Wowza server address and port correctly.

Michelle

Thank you michelle… This information helps me a lot.

But I have one more doubt that can i stream the local stream to wowza streaming engine… Ex:- I have “rtsp://192.168.239.91:8554/test.264” this rtsp URL which has local ip… can i register this URL to wowza and stream? actually i tried that and it is not working… then i tried to register this URL to one proxy server which is running on our cloud and after that i registered that cloud rtsp URL using MediaCaster as a stream file to wowza streaming engine at that time it works.

So there is no way that we can register this local URL to wowza?