Wowza Community

REST api GET request IP blocked

I’m trying to make a GET request at this URL : http://192.168.0.101:8087/v2/servers/defaultServer/vhosts/defaultVHost/applications to list the existing applications. The server gives the following ERROR message : “ERROR server comment - REST API: Server request (GET): IP WhiteList blocked (192.168.0.101)-403: http://192.168.0.101:8087/v2/servers/defaultServer/vhosts/defaultVHost/applications”.

My Server.xml file content is:

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Wowza Streaming Engine

Wowza Streaming Engine is robust, customizable, and scalable server software that powers reliable streaming of high-quality video and audio to any device, anywhere.

true

none

true

false

JKS

TLS

SunX509

false

true

none

restUserHTTPHeaders

Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*|Access-Control-Allow-Methods:OPTIONS,GET,PUT,DELETE,POST|Access-Control-Allow-Headers:Content-Type

${com.wowza.wms.TuningAuto}

Server,VHost,VHostItem,Application,ApplicationInstance,MediaCaster,Module,IdleWorker

true

false

localhost

localhost

true

${com.wowza.wms.ConfigHome}/conf/jmxremote.password

${com.wowza.wms.ConfigHome}/conf/jmxremote.access

false

Shockwave Flash|CFNetwork|MacNetwork/1.0 (Macintosh)

mp4

com.wowza.wms.mediacache.impl.MediaCacheServerListener

false

"

I’ve also tried * and 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.101

Any advice is welcome.

Solved: i was using my IP instead of localhost in the index.html file.

I have same issue, could you tell me how to fix it?

Thank you.

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you got this sorted.

Regards,

Salvadore

Hi,

You should be able to connect to the REST interface if you’ve set IPWhitelist to *. It looks like something else is going on. Please consider opening a support ticket and include your /conf, /logs and /manager dirs and we can take a closer look.

Paul

1 Like

Hello,

Can you check that you are using your localhost in the index.html file instead of using your IP address?

Regards

Jason Hatchett

Hello,

Can you check that you are using your localhost in the index.html file instead of using your IP address?

Regards

Jason Hatchett

Hello,

I am having this same issue. When you say “check that you are using your localhost in the index.html file instead of using your IP address” which index.html are you referring to?

I have been all through the documentation and followed it to the T and I get the error my IP as been blocked even I do *.

I am trying to make a request from my local machine but, the server running Wowza is on a host VPS cloud service. Eventually the calls will be made from a script running on my web server that is hosted by a different company. For testing though I am unable to call the API in my browser without getting the same error about my IP being blocked.

-Thanks

1 Like

I
got the same issue when I am sending a Get request for getting users from my control panel that says your IP has been blocked. what should i do now

Same issue here. I am running Wowza Streaming Engine in a Docker container. I can hit the Manger web pages but get a “Your IP address has been blocked” message when trying to use the Rest API.