Wowza Community

Server Monitoring Dashboards are blank

I am running Wowza Streaming Engine on Win Server 2012.

Server Monitoring I can see the stats for current usage but all other dashboards are blank:

Connections

Network

Memory

Total Disk

The streaming server works and I can produce live and on demand streams just can’t get the stats.

The dashboards did work previously (last week). I am investigating if any updates have been applied that may have caused this, any known updates or patches that can break server monitoring?

Thanks

Hi,

As a troubleshooting guide:

• Make sure that you have correctly enabled monitoring.

• Many issues with monitoring is due to the OS date/time. For example, if a change in the date/time settings resulted in the historical stat data being incorrect. You may see “time jump” errors in the access log. To resolve this, you will need to make sure that your date/time/timezone settings are correct for your OS, archive or move the contents of the stats folder in your Wowza installation, and restart the Wowza services to re-generate the stats files.

• The stats files are corrupted. If so, follow the resolution in step 2 above.

Michelle

Hi,

Do you get the same blank graphs if you select to see the older server stats (last 3 days, last 7 days)?

Did you try clearing your browser’s cache?

Zoran

If you are still having this issue with the graphs, please open a ticket with the support team by following the steps outlined here

Best,

Salvadore

Hi,

We’ve seen this occur when the Virtual Host can’t assign a Host Port due to some other process being bound to it. So if it does happen for anyone else check your wowzastreamingengine_access.log for any BIND failures being reported. If so then change the port on one of the services to prevent them from clashing.

Regards,

Paul

Hi,

As a troubleshooting guide:

• Make sure that you have correctly enabled monitoring.

• Many issues with monitoring is due to the OS date/time. For example, if a change in the date/time settings resulted in the historical stat data being incorrect. You may see “time jump” errors in the access log. To resolve this, you will need to make sure that your date/time/timezone settings are correct for your OS, archive or move the contents of the stats folder in your Wowza installation, and restart the Wowza services to re-generate the stats files.

• The stats files are corrupted. If so, follow the resolution in step 2 above.

Michelle

Thanks for the information. I applied the steps as suggested.

the server and the streaming engine appear to have the same system time. Its a remote server so I am not in the same time zone as the server physically.

moved the stats file, stopped and started resources, even rebooted the server same result. I see new files where created in the stats folder so I know that worked.

I can stream so verified I have a rtmp stream. The current usage monitor works but none of the others.

Could it be a java version issue?

Thanks…

Hi,

Do you get the same blank graphs if you select to see the older server stats (last 3 days, last 7 days)?

Did you try clearing your browser’s cache?

Zoran

Yes the graphs remain blank no matter what time span I choose. I have stopped and restarted services and rebooted the server. Yes I cleared the browser cache also.

Was there any resolution to this? I’m having the same issue.

Since I was running a test install on a test server I just reloaded the a new VM to resolve the issue. I suspect there was a java issue there was a java upgrade that took place after prior to the dashboards going blank. WSE functioned as expected except for monitoring. I was testing an additional monitoring tool also WMSPanel which also failed to work on that install. So the short answer may be to do a fresh install if that’s possibility or check the version of java installed and see if an upgrade took place recently.

Was there any resolution to this? I’m having the same issue.