Wowza Community

Aspect ratio acting changes from 19:3 to 4:3 in full screen - need help please

Hello,

I am using Wowza to capture a RTMP stream from a Winnov CBox P3 to be viewed in JW Player. I have the stream captured and can see the video with no issue in JW Player. What is odd is that instead of a 19:6 aspect ratio, it was displayed with 4:3 aspect ratio. Unfortunately the client I work for has restrictions on allowing the web page to be viewed from external sources so I cant post the link.

I can however tell you that I added the stretching:“exactfit” code to my web document and that fixed the issue and was able to view in aspect ratio 19:6 in normal screen view, if I go to full screen it reverts back to 4:3 aspect ratio. Am I missing something here? Im trying to keep it simple, not using transcoder right now. The only way I could get the video to not be “squished” was to add the stretching:“exactfit”, but it only works in normal screen view and not in full screen.

Here is my imbedded code:

var playerInstance = jwplayer(“videoElement”);

playerInstance.setup({

file: “rtmp://x.x.x.x:1935/live/live01”,

image: “/static/images/logo.jpg”,

stretching:“exactfit”,

height: 360,

width: 640,

analytics: {enabled:false},

});

Hello,

I am using Wowza to capture a RTMP stream from a Winnov CBox P3 to be viewed in JW Player. I have the stream captured and can see the video with no issue in JW Player. What is odd is that instead of a 19:6 aspect ratio, it was displayed with 4:3 aspect ratio. Unfortunately the client I work for has restrictions on allowing the web page to be viewed from external sources so I cant post the link.

I can however tell you that I added the stretching:“exactfit” code to my web document and that fixed the issue and was able to view in aspect ratio 19:6 in normal screen view, if I go to full screen it reverts back to 4:3 aspect ratio. Am I missing something here? Im trying to keep it simple, not using transcoder right now. The only way I could get the video to not be “squished” was to add the stretching:“exactfit”, but it only works in normal screen view and not in full screen.

Here is my imbedded code:

var playerInstance = jwplayer(“videoElement”);

playerInstance.setup({

file: “rtmp://x.x.x.x:1935/live/live01”,

image: “/static/images/logo.jpg”,

stretching:“exactfit”,

height: 360,

width: 640,

analytics: {enabled:false},

});

Anyone out there? Could really use some help as to why when viewed in full screen, the aspect ration changes from 19:6 to 4:3. My client will not be happy with that. Need some help please.

I think it would be best open a support ticket so the team can get a better look at what is going on in order to provide an answer.

Please zip up your /conf and /logs folders and send them to support@wowza.com to open a ticket.

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-create-a-compressed-zip-file-in-windows-os-x-and-linux

Also I would suggest that as a test you try playback from another player like VLC to see the aspect ratio shown. If you can test that please include the details in your ticket.

Andy E