Wowza Community

Serious bug in Stream play

Not sure who to report this to but I have discovered a rather serious bug when creating a stream within our application.

Essentially, it comes down to this:

Stream testStream = Stream.createInstance(inVHost, “XXXXX”, “testStream”);

boolean rc = testStream.play(“completeLoadOfCrap.mp4”, 0, -1, true);

Two things happen:

i) the “play” command returns true on a bad file pointer (ie, rc = true)

ii) it generates MB of log entries within seconds and doesn’t seem to stop.

Specifically, here is the message:

2016-02-16,17:59:20,EST,WARN,server,comment,-,MediaCache.createNewCachItem: Cannot find MediaCacheSource for (completeLoadOfCrap.mp4).

2016-02-16,17:59:20,EST,WARN,server,comment,-,MediaCache.createNewCachItem: Cannot find MediaCacheSource for (completeLoadOfCrap.mp4).

2016-02-16,17:59:20,EST,WARN,server,comment,completeLoadOfCrap.mp4,MediaReaderH264.open[1]: java.io.IOException: MediaCacheRandomAccessReader.open: Item not in cache: completeLoadOfCrap.mp4: java.io.IOException: MediaCacheRandomAccessReader.open: Item not i

n cache: completeLoadOfCrap.mp4|at com.wowza.wms.mediacache.impl.MediaCacheRandomAccessReader.open(MediaCacheRandomAccessReader.java:81)|at com.wowza.wms.mediareader.h264.MediaReaderH264.open(MediaReaderH264.java:256)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.publish.Publish

ingProviderMediaReader.a(PublishingProviderMediaReader.java:96)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.publish.PublishingProviderMediaReader.(PublishingProviderMediaReader.java:71)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.publish.Stream.a(Stream.java:907)|

At the very least, the play command should not be returning true. I encountered this because I was mistakenly referencing an S3 resource with it’s absolute url (versus using mp4:amazons3/) and once that was done, everything works fine BUT I decided to investigate further and discovered playing pretty much any arbitrary bad stream generates this. I have also tried setting the stream to not repeat and no difference.

Also, Wowza version: Wowza Streaming Engine 4.4.0 build17748

Please contact me if you need any more details or if I have done/missed something entirely.

Colin

I think a bit more information is going to be needed to sort this out.

Please open a ticket by following these steps.

Thank you,

Salvadore