Wowza Community

Cannot get rtmp external source to work in add streams

hi i can not get a external rtmp source to work?? even though it works fine in the test player and there is no user and pass on it either so that is not the problem

how can it be a compatiblity problem if it works fine in the test player or even other online players, i think the source is from a flussonic server, are there any known problems between flussonic and wowza?

one thing i did notice the stream is around 5 seconds off being live so not much of a buffer

any ideas?

ps. i can pick up other streams fine whether they are being pushed or pulled no problem so i have plenty of experience

cheers

Can you please provide more details about your workflow?

What do you mean it plays fine in the test player? Which test player is it working in? Which player is it not working in?

Do you see any indication of an issue in the logs? Can you start Wowza in stand-alone mode and view the output in the console?

What are the details of the source? FPS keyframe interval audio/video codex?

Regards,

Salvadore

Can you please provide more details about your workflow?

What do you mean it plays fine in the test player? Which test player is it working in? Which player is it not working in?

Do you see any indication of an issue in the logs? Can you start Wowza in stand-alone mode and view the output in the console?

What are the details of the source? FPS keyframe interval audio/video codex?

Regards,

Salvadore

hi it works fine in wowza inbuilt rtmp test player and works fine with all other test players eg plays fine video and picture

in logs it will not connect and i get following message SSL:false url, i have changed real url to example url

2016-02-29 17:04:56 GMT comment server INFO 200 - LiveMediaStreamReceiver.connect: SSL:false url:rtmp://46.56.2.23:3549/example/definst/chan-example - - - 45576.124 - - - - - - - - -

i do not know what you mean by standalone mode? - Can you start Wowza in stand-alone mode and view the output in the console?

cheers

i have been told by my engineer wowza does not support SSL?

Hello,

Wowza Streaming Engine does support SSL. Click here for the article that outlines the StreamLock SSL service we provide. Wowza StreamLock™ AddOn is a security option for network encryption from Wowza™ Media Systems. It provides near-instant provisioning of free 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verified Wowza customers for use with Wowza media servers. StreamLock-provisioned SSL certificates provide the best security when used with Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP). The certificates can also be used for secure HTTP streaming (HTTPS).

I hope this completely answers your question.

Regards,

Mac