Wowza Community

Unable to connect to Engine Manager

I have a new instance of Wowza Streaming Engine, using the Wowza VM on Microsoft Azure using Wowza Streaming Engine 4.1.2.

I can access the Streaming Engine using Remote Desktop, however when I navigate to the URI : HTTP://server.cloudapp.net:8088/enginemanager I get this message: This page can’t be displayed.

When I navigate to http://server.cloudapp.net I get this displayed: Wowza Streaming Engine 4 Trial Edition (Expires: Jul 21, 2016) 4.1.2 build13947 So it appears to be running.

Thanks…

Hello there.

Wowza Streaming Engine Manager (WSEM) operates in parallel with Wowza Streaming Engine (WSE). SO you need also to start the Stream Engine Manager. Please refer to these instructions for specifics on:

How to start/stop WSE Manager

Regards,

Salvadore

Hello,

You may want to check your firewall settings on your Azure instance. This is typically done by setting up “endpoints” for your Virtual Machine.

Also check any firewalls installed on the Virtual Machines’ Operating System to ensure the common Wowza Ports are open.

TCP 80,443,554,1935,8084-8088

UDP 6970-9999

Best regards,

Andrew

Thanks for the reply,

I checked both services are running WSEM and WSE. I stopped and restarted both services.

I am only able to see the following: Wowza Streaming Engine 4 Trial Edition (Expires: Jul 21, 2016) 4.1.2 build13947

I get the same results using servername.cloudapp.net, ipaddress:1935 or ipaddress:8088/enginemanager

I get the spinning wheel as if the browser is trying to load the web interface and that’s it.