Wowza Community

Playlist duration query using DVR's UTC-based request

Hi,

I’m trying to make a timeshift app, and I have set the playlist request delegate to UTC-based request.

I don’t have any problem with that, but I have a small question about the wowzadvrplaylistduration query.

It’s possible to omit the wowzadvrplaylistduration query parameter, so the playlist will start at wowzadvrplayliststart value and won’t end (infinite duration)?

Thanks !

Hi,

If you don’t specify an end-time then the following logic is applied:

For a live store (one that’s currently recording), the playlist presented to the player is a live playlist.

For a recorded store (one that isn’t recording), the playlist presented to the player is a recorded playlist, using the end-time of the recording.

I’m not sure if that answers your question. The end-time for a stream that is live is obviously different (as in it doesn’t exist) compared to a stream that isn’t live and so has an actual end-date. DVR treats streams differently depending on if they are live or not.

Paul

There Is No Chance To Develop A Timeshift App Using Playlist API, Because The Playlist Will Stop At The Live Point When You Query It Using An Specified End-Time That Is After The Live Point!

There Is No Chance To Develop A Timeshift App Using Playlist API, Because The Playlist Will Stop At The Live Point When You Query It Using An Specified End-Time That Is After The Live Point!