Wowza Community

Live Stream dying after 20 min; Fragment Duration?

Hello all,

We have a live stream coming from FMLE to Wowza 4.x. It is dying after a varying period of time, roughly 20 minutes or so. When FMLE gets disconnected (from both our primary and backup Wowza servers), the Wowza logs are showing a warning:

LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[MYAPP/definst/play]: Fragment duration greater than suggested range of 1-4 seconds. Adjust keyframe interval accordingly: Fragment durations: [4.9,3.2,4.3]

Is this what’s causing the stream to die, or is a separate issue? There’s a ton of these in the error logs.

Thank you!

Hello,

I am having this issue also and it’s so annoying. It’s in production now and in my situations it sometimes dies even in 5 secs.

Could you please provide some details about root cause and provide a solution?

Thank you!

Hello,

Glad the keyframe errors went away. The next step would be checking your Wowza Streaming specs to make sure it meets the requirements: https://www.wowza.com/products/streaming-engine/specifications

I would also recommend sending the log files to:Open Ticket

[install-dir]/conf

[install-dir]/logs

[install-dir]/transcoder

[install-dir]/manager/logs

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

How to compress log files

Best,

Jason Tuchler

Wowza Media Systems

Hello,

I am having this issue also and it’s so annoying. It’s in production now and in my situations it sometimes dies even in 5 secs.

Could you please provide some details about root cause and provide a solution?

Thank you!

We use Adobe’s Flash Media Live Encoder to stream - there’s a Keyframe setting in the advanced encoder settings (next to the video format dropbox). We changed the Keyframe to 2 seconds and now the warning is gone from our logs.

However, this has had no effect that I can tell on the stream dropping, unfortunately.