Wowza Community

Unable to play Wowza HTTP live smil stream file through JW player

I’m using Wowza Streaming Server and I’ve made a transcoded stream and add it to a smil file for adaptive bitrate streaming. Now I am trying to play the smil file via JW player Quick publish tool in their website. but I’m getting the error “No playable source found”.

But I can play the stream via VLC player easily. I need to play the stream in web by embedding JW player. So, please suggest me how to fixed this or which web player can I use to play the stream in web instead of JW player.

My streaming smil file url: http://119.15.156.95:1935/live/smil:test_stream.smil/playlist.m3u8

Hello there.

Please take a look at this guide:

How to use JW Player with adaptive bitrate streaming from Wowza Streaming Engine

Best,

Salvadore

JW Player does not use the server-side smil. JW Player uses a local .smil. You can leverage the server-side smil for JW Player 6. Check the NOTES section at the bottom for examples of live stream URLs and using ngrp:

How to use JW Player with adaptive bitrate streaming from Wowza Streaming Engine

You can find an example here

Regards,

Salvadore

Salvadore,

In your recommended link, I found the JW player embedded code for VOD application, but I need it for Wowza live stream application.