Wowza Community

New server, new install but same license key

Hello,

I’ve got a new powerfull server for wowza.

i’ve decided to install wowza from scratch.

My old server is still running, so the question is, if i want to install wowza on a new server, i will have to put, during the install, the same license key that the old one.

What’s happen then?

the old one is not working anymore? How can i have the time to configure the new server?

thanks

Hi,

You can start the new server using a Trial license and make all the configuration before stopping the old server and then swapping the license Trial key for the paid key.

For installation assistance, please see How to install and configure Wowza Streaming Engine

Important notes:

• You will need to stop the server that’s already running before starting the new server.

• Wowza Streaming Engine 4.x installation requires a Wowza Streaming Engine 4 license key to run the software so an older key (prior to Wowza 4) will not work.

Regards,

Jason

Done,

Thanks a lot

Hello,

I am moving to a new server again.

I asked for a trial serial number, i received it, but it seems incompatible with my WSE 4.4.

So i cannot apply my old conf to the new one?

what can i do?

thanks.

Thanks for the update and glad you got this sorted.

Salvadore

Hello,

If you received a new trial key, it will need to be installed on the latest version of Wowza Streaming Engine 4.6.0 in order to work; this is a new requirement.

https://www.wowza.com/pricing/installer

I would recommend contacting sales@wowza.com if you need an adjustment to this license.

Also if your previous commercial license is up-to-date, you should be able to install this on the new server as well.

Regards,

JasonT