Thread: Per-application authentication using API

Default Per-application authentication using API

Hi all,

We are using custom build web portal for creating applications on wowza using REST API.
    I would like to set per-application authentication with rest api when creating new application on wowza. Following manual (https://www.wowza.com/forums/content...shPasswordFile) and despite lack of api docmentation i managed to add required custom property using rest with setting "publishPasswordFile" inside securityConfig
    securityConfig": {
    "publishPasswordFile": "${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/conf/${com.wowza.wms.context.Application}/publish.password",

Now I need to create publish.password file within application directory. Is this possible with rest api? Is there any other solution how to set per-application authentication using rest api?

Thanks,
    Nejc

Hi,

Once you've configured your application with its own publish.password file and location then you can populate it with a call similar to this:

PHP Code:
    curl -X POST --header 'Accept:application/json; charset=utf-8' --header 'Content-type:application/json; charset=utf-8' http://localhost:8087/v2/servers/_defaultServer_/vhosts/_defaultVHost_/applications/myapp/publishers -d'
    {
    "publisherName""username",
    "password":"password"
    }

[edit]

By the way, I'd recommend installing the Swagger UI to access and test the various endpoints if you haven't already.

Paul
    Last edited by Paul_S; 05-12-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks for your answer. It works! :-)
    I'm already using Swagger. It is nice tool for testing. But sometimes, there is a lot of options to set and some good documentation would be much appreciated.

Nejc