Wowza Community

Problem with playmethod "Basic" and RTSP (vods3)

Hello everyone,

I’m facing an issue while setting RTP/Authentication/PlayMethod to “basic” for my vods3 application. As soon as I make the change, restart WOWZA, and then I go the streaming engine manager, the option “RTSP/RTP” in playback type is disabled.

My goal is to have authenticated playback through RTSP. Any help is appreciated

Here’s the section of my Application.xml:

Thanks in advance.

<RTP>
<!-- RTP/Authentication/[type]Methods defined in Authentication.xml. Default setup includes; none, basic, digest -->
    <Authentication>
            <PublishMethod>block</PublishMethod>
            <PlayMethod>basic</PlayMethod>
    </Authentication>
    <!-- RTP/AVSyncMethod. Valid values are: senderreport, systemclock, rtptimecode -->
    <AVSyncMethod>senderreport</AVSyncMethod>
    <MaxRTCPWaitTime>12000</MaxRTCPWaitTime>
    <IdleFrequency>75</IdleFrequency>
    <RTSPSessionTimeout>90000</RTSPSessionTimeout>
    <RTSPMaximumPendingWriteBytes>0</RTSPMaximumPendingWriteBytes>
    <RTSPBindIpAddress></RTSPBindIpAddress>
    <RTSPConnectionIpAddress>0.0.0.0</RTSPConnectionIpAddress>
    <RTSPOriginIpAddress>127.0.0.1</RTSPOriginIpAddress>
    <IncomingDatagramPortRanges>*</IncomingDatagramPortRanges>
    <!-- Properties defined here will override any properties defined in conf/RTP.xml for any depacketizers loaded by this application -->
    <Properties>
    </Properties>
 </RTP>

Hi,

For PlayMethod - try using admin-digest. A compatible player will then prompt you for username/password when you attempt to play the stream, or alternatively you can include the credentials in the RTSP url, e.g.

rtsp://username:password@WOWZA-IP:1935/live/myStream

Paul

Hello Joarley,

Since we are talking about RTSP, can you confirm that there are no ports blocking this authentication?

I would expect port 554 to be used in this instance, and the S3 configuration as well.

Can you confirm that this port is opened in both directions on the S3, and the main Ec2 instance as well?

Regards,

Jason Hatchett

Hello Joarley,

Since this issue requires us to review your conf/ and logs/ directories more in depth please submit a ticket for more direct assistance here:

https://www.wowza.com/support/open-ticket

Regards,

Jason Hatchett

Thanks, Paul.

But I get the same result (RTSP/RTP disabled on stream manager) when set to “admin-digest”.

Any other ideas?

Joarley

Hi Jason,

Thanks for replying.

Port 554 is open on EC2. And I have tested on my “live” application as well, and the result is the same. So I guess that’s not a problem with S3 (or vods3)

Regards,

Joarley