Wowza Community

Streams started going up and down

I have had a Wowza streaming server running well for ages but the last week or so has started having regular dropouts.

Server is running a mix of video and audio restreams, one video is being transcoded too.

About 12 video and 7 audio in total.

Before was having occasional dropouts when the client source had internet issues, but the frequency now suggests something else.

Streams are dropping 1, maybe 2 at a time for 30 seconds or so then returning (Dispersa monitoring reports it).

Often it is 2 streams from different source locations so unlikely to be local internet and often the moment one comes back up another goes down.

What seems odd is that nothing on the server changed between things running smoothly and this happening (except maybe some system package updates)

I have tried optimising the performance tuning with no luck.

I have also doubled the size of the server with no luck.

Server load is currently running about 5-7 with an 8 core server and loads of RAM spare.

Getting these errors regularly in logs, any ideas?

WARN	server	comment	2016-05-16	21:24:07	-	-	-	-	-	46417.184	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: RTSP/RTP re-streaming. Cannot connect to server: rtsp://example.com:554/live/ch00_0
ERROR	server	comment	2016-05-16	21:24:07	-	-	-	-	-	46417.183	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.doConnect: Connect org.apache.mina.common.RuntimeIOException: Failed to get the session[java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host]

Hello,

The errors is most commonly caused by some kind of network error. I would try less streams as a test to see if you get this error with less of a load. Also I would check system logs to see if there’s any reports of a network issue.

-Jason T

Network error seems most likely, discovered that monitoring system had 2 locations setup and the errors were always from just one and other locations unaffected.

So it appears to be a regional networking issue.

Thanks for the suggestions.