Wowza Community

AWS EC2 Streamlock DASH - Load Balance

HI

I have just got our dedicated server to work with streamlock and now have a working DASH system with the bitmovin DASH Player working totaly across https. :cool:

As our server has limited capacity which is the best option to explorer and extend the capability to stream to more users with servers from EC2.

Do we keep adding streamlock certs to ip addresses spun up on EC2 instances ? - I have a few amazon ip addresses I keep when not assigned and have got them configured on our DNS server so they look like non Amazon links.

Is there a limit to the number of Certs we can have with streamlock ? ie 10 not 100 !

Amazon look to have a way to put a ssl certificate infront of thier servers which I can add our Wildcard SSL cert to.

I would also like this to work across the load balancing system.

My DASH streams are being delivered out of the transrater and when used in the cloud, by non ssl servers, run on a SMIL file.

look forward to a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks

Alex.

Hello,

The maximum number of SSL certificates included with your license is (2 for monthly/subscription, 1 for perpetual). If you need more than 2, please contact our Billing Team. It’s suggested that these StreamLock address remain static on your servers as any IP Address changes require a DNS update, which can take a bit of time to propagate.

Best regards,

Andrew