Wowza Community

What is Wowza's plan for the death of Flash?

What is the plan for low latency streaming to the desktop as Flash becomes increasingly blocked? This has probably been asked before, and is a pretty obvious issue, so sorry if I missed some press release. I would like to keep my investment in Wowza and not move to another product, but the dependence on Flash for live/low latency streaming is an issue.

thanks,

mark

Hello,

Support for WebRTC is on the road map but is not yet supported in the latest Wowza release.

As this continues to develop, more information will become available, and should help meet your “Low Latency” delivery needs.

Best regards,

Jason Hatchett

Thanks for the update. I know this would be a big step for Wowza. You’ve really been optimizing a mature technology for years and are now being forced to adopt a rapidly evolving standard. Any timeline or updates would be welcome.

Hello,

Support for WebRTC is on the road map but is not yet supported in the latest Wowza release.

As this continues to develop, more information will become available, and should help meet your “Low Latency” delivery needs.

Best regards,

Jason Hatchett

Hello,

I can not give a timeline for when this will come out except I can’t say that it is coming soon. Please do check back in periodically to our Software Updates page to see if your feature request has been deployed.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/software-updates

Regards,

Jason Hatchett

Hello,

One option you do have is to submit a support ticket and ask to be included in the “Preview”.

Regards,

Jason Hatchett