Wowza Community

rtpTransportMode default value

Hello,

Please note that the default value for rtpTransportMode (rtsp source) is TCP and not as documented.

If you want to use UDP instead, you must specify it.

Hello,

This value is documented in our How to Stream Video From An IP Camera article as follows:

RTPTransportMode

If your camera doesn’t support RTSP/RTP interleaved (RTP over TCP), change the RTPTransportMode property value from interleave to udp.

Please let us know if there another location you have found where this is documented incorrectly, so we can update this information.

Best regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

At the Streaming Engine Manager itself, under stream file properties it show “default:udp”. My understanding was that this is the default value.

Regards,

Yael.

This is from the manager:

This is from the link that you sent:

Hi,

As we are unable to see the above screenshots, I recommend that you open a ticket with our support team and attach them for review.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Yael,

I’m having troubles finding the “default:udp” mentioned in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager. Can you upload a screenshot of this manager info so it can be reviewed?

I do see that it shows a udp:// example for .stream files using MPEG-TS stream sources, with MPEG-TS UDP is the only protocol currently supported for ingest and egress. With RTSP/RTP Interleaved/TCP would be the default protocol requested by MediaCaster from the source. This can be changed in the Application.xml file under //udp and UDP can also be set in the .stream file for RTSP/RTP streams using the following method:

How to specify per stream settings in stream files

Best regards,

Andrew