Wowza Community

Mpeg-ts - tcp

For multilingual live streams, MPEG-TS is the way to go. Though we are not eager to broadcast over UDP, certainly not for event streaming where the choice of network/ISP is often not in our hands.

I know workaraounds exist, eg server side retransmit the stream from TCP to UDP with FFMPEG.

But a full solution built in Wowza would be more easy and robust, right?

Are there any plans to support MPEG-TS over TCP in the (near) future?

For multilingual live streams, MPEG-TS is the way to go. Though we are not eager to broadcast over UDP, certainly not for event streaming where the choice of network/ISP is often not in our hands.

I know workaraounds exist, eg server side retransmit the stream from TCP to UDP with FFMPEG.

But a full solution built in Wowza would be more easy and robust, right?

Are there any plans to support MPEG-TS over TCP in the (near) future?

would like that feature too.

Yet, I have used ffmpeg as work-around in production for hundreds of hours of stream; it is quite robust , just start the tcp listener as service with auto-restart after the stream ends and you can forget it.

Hello,

It has not been mentioned as a feature that will be added in the near future. I will add MPEG-TS/TCP Stream Targets to our feature request backlog and reference your request in this forum. Although each feature request is reviewed and considered, we don’t have any timeline currently available for it’s possible inclusion.

Best regards,

Andrew

Hi,

As Andrew mentioned this is not available now but he has added this as a backlog request. We can’t say if or when this will be implemented.

Regards,

Paul