Wowza Community

Unable to access Wowza Engine Manager

I restarted wowza and now when i go to the ip:8088 it just site there forever, i can go to 8087 but it says something about my ip is blocked?

I have never faced this problem before, i tried restarting wowza a few times killing all java threads and restarting but still no go.

Help Please

Hello there.

Wowza Streaming Engine Manager (WSEM) operates in parallel with Wowza Streaming Engine (WSE). SO you need also to start the Stream Engine Manager. Please refer to these instructions for specifics on:

How to start/stop WSE Manager

Regards,

Salvadore

Im sorry, I posted the wrong link.

Starting Wowza Streaming Engine Manager is an additional step to Starting Wowza Streaming Engine.

This guide will show you how to do this on your particular machine:

How to start and stop Wowza Streaming Engine software

For example, to start the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager in stand alone mode, on Windows, use the following command:

cd %WMSAPP_HOME%\manager\bin
startmgr.bat

Regards,

Salvadore

I would suggest starting Wowza and the Manager in stand alone mode so that you can view the log output in the console for debugging.

Please report back what you find in the logs.

Regards,

Salvadore

That link shows me how to start Wowza, which it already is, here is the output from service … status But still no engine manager it just spins and 8087 works

service WowzaStreamingEngine status

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status WowzaStreamingEngine.service

● WowzaStreamingEngine.service - WowzaStreamingEngine

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/WowzaStreamingEngine.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: active (running) since Wed 2016-06-08 23:19:33 EDT; 17h ago

Main PID: 43251 (systemd.sh)

CGroup: /system.slice/WowzaStreamingEngine.service

├─43251 /bin/bash /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/bin/systemd.sh start

└─43288 /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/java/bin/java -Xmx4000M -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=100 -server -Dj…

Jun 08 23:19:33 server.com systemd[1]: Started WowzaStreamingEngine.

Jun 08 23:19:33 server.com systemd[1]: Starting WowzaStreamingEngine…

Jun 08 23:19:33 server.com systemd.sh[43251]: /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/bin/wms.sh: line 40: $…ect

Jun 09 17:16:05 server.com systemd[1]: Started WowzaStreamingEngine.

Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

sudo service WowzaStreamingEngineManager start

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start WowzaStreamingEngineManager.service

Still not running!

this is killing me