Wowza Community

Wildcard and Stream Target Source

Is there anyway to use wildcards in the stream source when doing a Stream Target? I have an encoder I am forced to work with that creates unique stream names each time it runs. I need to push it out to another server and want to standardize the stream name. So right now I have to look at incoming streams, copy the name, and then update the stream target profile with the new stream name. The name is a date/time stamp followed an underscore and the word webcast…

i.e. 201606141930_webcast

I want to accept anything that matches *_webcast and just forward it out as webcast

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks!

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

As far as I know, and referring to the Push Publish readme, there is not a wildcard option for stream name in the map file. You would have to use the Push API to avoid making a rule for each stream.

You may wish to hire a consultant to assist in this development. To do so please post a request to the find a consultant forum.

Also, I did find a similar post from awhile back with a consultant that had developed a similar module.

Regards,

Salvadore

Take a look at this guide:

How to get started as a Wowza Streaming Engine Manager administrator

You will need to Enable access to advanced administrative settings

Then you can start to Configure modules

Regards,

Salvadore

This guide will get you started:

How to extend Wowza Streaming Engine using the Wowza IDE

Salvadore

Thanks, i’ll look into that.

this could work, but how do I enable modules in Wowza 4.4? the directions say go to the application and then click on modules but that is not an option. I am logged in as a full admin.

Ok, I can see the modules now…I didn’t have permissions set.

But now i will have to learn how to create the jar file from the sample source :frowning: