Wowza Community

Deploy wildcard certificate on Wowza server

I have a wildcard (like *.domain.com) certificate.

I used this guide: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-request-an-ssl-certificate-from-a-certificate-authority

to install it on Wowza server like so:

keytool -import -alias root -trustcacerts -file [filename-of-chain-certificate] -keystore ssl.mycompany.com.jks

with my root certificate

and

keytool -import -alias wowza -trustcacerts -file [filename-certificate] -keystore ssl.mycompany.com.jks

with my wildcard certificate

Import went OK, Wowza starts and shows certificate info in logs, but I am unable to connect.

In Wowza logs I only see:

2016-06-23 14:16:57 CEST comment server DEBUG 200 - null doTask: sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$DelegatedTask@4c89d0fc - – 53.434 - - - - - - - - – - - - - - - - - - – - - - -

2016-06-23 14:16:57 CEST comment server INFO 200 - ServerHandler.exceptionCaught[[any]:443:w.x.y.z]: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSL handshake failed. - - - 53.443 - – - - - - - - - - - – - - - - - - - - - –

Does anyone know how to import a wildcard certificate to Wowza?

Are you using HTTPS to connect to the server? Are there any other errors in the logs?

Regards,

Salvadore

You might want to open a ticket with support to see if they can help get this working for you. To do so, please follow the steps outlined here

Regards,

Salvadore

Yes, and when I connect this appears in the wowza access log:

2016-06-23 14:16:57 CEST comment server DEBUG 200 - null doTask: sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$DelegatedTask@4c89d0fc - – 53.434 - - - - - - - - – - - - - - - - - - – - - - -

2016-06-23 14:16:57 CEST comment server INFO 200 - ServerHandler.exceptionCaught[[any]:443:w.x.y.z]: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSL handshake failed. - - - 53.443 - – - - - - - - - - - – - - - - - - - - - –

w.x.y.z is my client IP.

The client hangs until a timeout and reports that it is unable to connect.

I am guessing this is a certificate issue, since I can normally connect to port 443 and wowza indicates that SSL handshake has failed.

Also, there is no guide how to deploy a wildcard certificate, so this is the step I have most doubt in.