Wowza Community

s3 MediaCache Connection timed out

Hi,

I have a new install of the Wowza AMI v 4.4.1 setup as an origin server with MediaCache configured for an S3 media source.

This origin services a few hundred videos a day and after a few days the server (WowzaStreamingEngine provider) becomes slow and finally unresponsive until I restart the daemon.

In the logs, I see the following error occur about once an hour:

ERROR server comment 2016-07-06 12:45:59 - - - - - 0.019 - - - - - - - - MediaCacheHTTPByteReader.sendRequest[http://xyz.s3.amazonaws.com:80/13749-desktop.smil] : java.net.SocketException: Connection timed out|at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)|at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:109)|at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:141)|at com.wowza.wms.mediacache.impl.MediaCacheHTTPByteReader.sendRequest(MediaCacheHTTPByteReader.java:1095)|at com.wowza.wms.mediacache.impl.MediaCacheHTTPByteReader.sendRequest(MediaCacheHTTPByteReader.java:1066)|

I reviewed the thread for Frequest Media Cache time out errors and increased the timeout values to no avail.

All configurations for the origin are defaults other than the additional MediaCache config for S3. Any ideas what could be causing this?