Wowza Community

Can't Seem To Get Memory Right

I am running the latest version of Wowza on a Linode server.

Linode 24576

384GB DISK

8 CPU Cores

16GB Ram

I can not get a stream to work and then be able to login and view it. Also everytime this happens I have to reboot the server to even get back in. But once I log in, I can’t then stream to it. Keep getting out of memory errors.

What can I do to fix this?

I’m using default settings for live and vod apps and ive tried production and development settings for java memory.

Lost completely.

Hi Alex,

From what i can see with that hardware setup you should have no problem. I don’t know what OS you are running (windows or Unix?)

If even a VOD is not working, then the first place to check is the server logs why you keep getting the out of memory errors. Because wowza even runs on a simple server with 1GB of memory. Do you have java correctly installed?

Things to check:

• java correctly installed

• is the streamingengine manager running?

Firewall ports (inbound open) : 1935 (rtmp). If possible disable firewall to see if the firewall is the issue

• server logs

Otherwise give some detailed information of the setup you did to prepare and test a live/vod stream.

Hello,

Is this still an issue? If so, please post your installed OS, a screenshot of your system resources, and the lastest access log when you have issues logging in and trying to get your streams to work.

[wowza-install-dir]/logs/access log

Best,

JasonT