Wowza Community

Is VOD of live stream possible?

Hi,

My customer wants to have VOD from a live stream instead of file.

So I searched and found a similar post from this forum.

My question is basically same with above post but it seems following question hasn’t been answered yet.

• Can we do it in such a way that “on demand” requests or releases the source stream. Which means camera stream is not consumed if no clients are connected to the proxy requesting the camera?

Long question to short: Can I set a live stream content(via RTSP) to a source of a VOD?

Thanks in advance,

SY

I am not sure exactly what you are asking. But it sounds like you want a live camera feed to only be published when a client requests it?

If your clients are RTMP and/or RTSP you would just need to set your stream type to “rtp-live”. When using the “rtp-live” stream type in your application’s configuration file, the source stream will be published to Wowza only when the first client connects to the stream

For HTTP streams to be active, the data packets need to be packetized. Wowza will start packetizing the HTTP stream as soon as the stream is published. The stream is not published if there isn’t at least one client requesting the stream. So basically, an HTTP client can not be the first to request the rtp-live stream. Once the stream has been published by an RTMP client, HTTP clients can connect

Best,

salvadore