Wowza Community

Relay to Azubu

Hi,

I’m looking into a scenario including a relay stream to Azubu.

Unfortunaly Azubu is not offering plain text streaming links. They only have a API which needs to be triggered and then sends a response including the needed streaming informations.

The Engine does not offer a possibility to add Azubu out of the box, so a script might be necessary to start and stop the streams as soon as a stream is incoming to the server.

Where do I need to start looking? Has anyone a solution for Azubu running?

Greetings

SilSte

Hi SilSte,

I addressed your question via your ticket #186511, but will post my response here as well:

It looks like Azubu API needs to be queried in order to obtain the streaming URL. If so, you will need to create a separate bash or server-side script that can query Azubu API and parse the returned values for the streaming URL. You can then use this parsed URL to create or update an existing RTMP stream target using our REST API. Wowza will then push an RTMP stream to the specified Azubu stream target.

Since it looks like Azubu expires the RTMP URL, you will need to keep this in mind and run an update script that will update the RTMP stream target.

Michelle