Wowza Community

Any way to detect/notify on skipped frame

Hi,

I’ve been sifting through the docs on the site and the java API’s, but can’t find anything that looks like what we need. Is there a way to detect that the transcoder is having to skip frames, or having any other issues for that matter, and fire an event? We want to be able to proactively detect quality problems in the system and notify support and tech folks, but it seems like the only thing that I can find is logging. I could have something reading the logs in real time, searching for specific messages, but that is clearly less than ideal.

Is there something I’m missing in the API, and is there anything that people have been able to do to detect real time quality issues, both on the ingest and in transcoding?

Thanks

Hi,

There are no examples I’m aware of that currently do anything similar that could be used as a starting point so you’d need to write a custom Module from scratch.

Note you would need to search the wowzastreamingengine_access.log file to check for the SKIP messages as these are not printed to the wowzastreamingengine_error.log file.

We have a list of independent consultants which is available on request via a ticket with our support team.

Alternatively you can post in our Find a consultant forum for assistance.

Regards,

Jason