Wowza Community

Stream Target to Facebook Live Only Works Once

it seems that the fb credentials do not persist when using stream targets. it will work for only one broadcast. once you disconnect, the token becomes invalid, and wowza does not renew the token.

i run several online radio stations. my wowza setup is tailored to function like my shoutcast audio streaming setup in an always on configuration. with support for djs to connect without stream interruption.

i have the following wowza setup

2 applications, live and archive.

live application:

i have an instance of ffmpeg which tunes into my shoutcast stream, does audio analysis, generating video output using ffmpeg filters such as showwaves, showcqt, showspectrum, and sends to wowza via rtmp at live/ffmpeg

i use the ‘LoopUntilLive’ module. the stream to loop until live is live/ffmpeg. the stream that it waits for a connection is live/dj. the output stream is live/radio

thus the public facing stream url will always be live/radio, which plays the ffmpeg stream until a dj starts broadcasting, at which point the radio stream immediately cuts over to the dj stream, and back again when they disconnect. this allows for uninterrupted playback switching between live djs and the ffmpeg stream via a single stream mountpoint live/radio.

i have s stream target set up with a source stream of live/dj and destination as archive/djrecord

archive application:

this is set up to record all incoming streams

a stream target setup with a source stream of archive/djrecord and destination to facebook live.

the idea here is to record every broadcast from a dj. and also every time a dj broadcasts, also send to fb live.

the main problem is once the fblive stream target is set up, and a dj connects and completes the broadcast, the fb stream target needs manual intervention in order to work again because of expired tokens. they do not persist further than a single broadcast. i have created the stream target, saved, then gone back in and re-edit, save again… its all fine until the broadcast ends…

i would like to set up the fblive stream target once. and only once… if i have a busy live dj schedule that means one would need to manually edit the stream target before each and every broadcast. which is not a very feasible solution.

i was expecting the behavior to do this automatic. once the dj disconnects the fblive stream target status would drop back into a ‘waiting’ state, until the next dj connects. thus starting the process all over again. using the same settings chosen when creating the stream target. the wowza streaming engine has already been authorized to get new tokens, otherwise the first broadcast would never work…

the desire is if a dj connects, it creates a post and is live on facebook. that dj disconnects and the next dj connects, a post is created and is live on fb… and on and on

are there any plans to fix this problem, or does anyone have a solution to statically set the fblive info such as page, profile, and/or have wowza refresh or get a new token for each broadcast?

Hello,

There has been fixes in Wowza Streaming Engine 4.5.0.01 for Facebook Live stream targets that have tokens expire. It’s possible this updater will fix this issue for you if you are on a previous version than 4.5.0.01.

With an active support contract, please open a case here with details of your issue and the version of Wowza Streaming Engine you are running for an Engineer to look into this.

Best,

JasonT