Wowza Community

Consultant needed to assist with final WOWZA configuration and OBS encoder.

We provide LIVE and ARCHIVED videos stream of elective ultrasound sessions to our clients. So all of our videos are of babies that have not been born yet! We have converted from an old Windows Media Services system that worked great for 10 years and are now implementing a WOWZA solution because we want the videos to play on all devices. We are using OBS (Open Broadcast Software) to connect laptops to our new server that is running WOWZA. We are almost ready to go live and are having a few difficulties. Someone that knows WOWZA could probably spend an hour and fine tune it for us - but we are stuck. Here are a couple of the issues we are having:

1. We need the incoming stream to be the stream name + a time stamp. Ex: Baby201609050415.mp4 (Wowza has provided some documentation but I don’t know how to impement anything using Java)

2. We are getting inconsistent results with playing the archived video streams - sometimes it take 2 or 3 minutes for the video to start playing - What the heck!

3. The video files do not consistently work on iPhones - may be a loading issue like the one above.

Easy, right? If you have an hour or two to help let me know.

Thanks,

Nancy

Hello Nancy,

I’ll be happy to take a look and see how we can solve these issues. Can’t promise it will take only 1 hour, but we can certainly solve this. Contact me by email or on Skype (ID: karelboek)

Kind Regards,

Karel Boek

karel.boek@raskenlund.com

Raskenlund

www.raskenlund.com