Wowza Community

4 Axis Cameras - 1 live stream - Easy start up?

Greetings,

I am working on a live streaming project where the video will be transmitted only at certain times of the day from one of 4 separate locations. No matter which location is to stream ideally I would like it to be using the same live stream so that I can easily embed the video into a web page and provide users with a URL so they can load the video on their phones and Ipads. In the past we had a laptop that was doing the encoding and it would connect to Wowza to initiate the live stream no matter which location was being used. With the new Axis cameras they don’t seem to have a way to send the stream directly to the Wowza server so instead I’m initiating the stream on the Wowza side by pulling from the rtsp port of the remote camera IP. This works ok for testing but I need an easy way for the users to be able to initiate the live stream from any location and have it automatically start playing on the website.

This might make it more clear. Right now I have created these streams:

Location1.stream

Location2.stream

Location3.stream

Location4.stream

In the source for embedding the stream into an HTML page I am using:

<video data-dashjs-player autoplay src="http://123.123.123.123:1935/live/Location1.stream/manifest.mpd" ></video>

If possible, I don’t want to have to update that URL every time a new location is fired up. I would like to simply turn on one of the location streams and have it show up on the page.

I’ve been searching the documentation and forums but I don’t seem to be finding what I’m looking for. Assuming this can be done, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hi,

There is nothing immediately available to switch sources in that way, but if you’re comfortable with module development then you could look at Stream class streams. The way it would work is your URL would remain consistent and the streams would be switched on the server. You would need to add extra logic around say switching if a stream becomes live etc. Also something that may be of interest is the IPublishingProvider interface.

Regards,

Paul