Wowza Community

FireFox SSL Error

A few months ago I configured my server for SSL (Stream Lock). I created my own keystore using a wildcard certificate I already owned and deployed it rather than using the Wowza option. All worked fine at the time, but I’ve recently noticed that FireFox is having some playback issues and that it is throwing the following error when attempting to access the HTTPServerVersion HTTPProvider:

An error occurred during a connection to server.com. SSL received a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key in Server Key Exchange handshake message. Error code: SSL_ERROR_WEAK_SERVER_EPHEMERAL_DH_KEY

I did a bit of research and found the following link that suggests the cause may be an insecure server. I tried disabling the cipher suites listed and now FF can access the server via HTTPS.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1067995

Can anyone duplicate/verify this issue?

Is this a problem with the Wowza HTTP server or did I make a faulty keystore?

Just stumbled on the following thread and now have a few options. Thus far disabling the cipher suite alone hasnt worked. I’m looking into making sure Java is all up to date and will go from there.

Hi,

Thank you for the update. If you do continue to have issues, you can enable additional debugging in order to troubleshoot and narrow down the issue.

Michelle