Wowza Community

Cannot add Facebook Live stream target

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to add a stream target to Facebook Live for a live application on a Streaming Engine 4.5.0.01 build18956, but I repeatedly get this error when logging in Facebook: “We are unable to reach Facebook. Please try again later. If the issue persists, please contact Wowza Support.”

I already tried to log out from Facebook and re-login, but I had no success.

Any help?

Hello,

Have you tried the opposite as recommended in this Facebook Setup WSE guide.

Note: If you can’t log in, open a new tab in your web browser, log in to your Facebook account, and then log out. Then return to the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager tab and click Login again within the Stream Target configuration.

Regards,

JasonT

Thanks Jason for your reply,

it is exactly what I meant when I said tried to log out, but I forgot to say in a different browser tab (as recommended in the guide). But the error is always the same.

Ale

Hello,

I would recommend clearing your browser cache and try again. If that does not work, please open a support case with the below info.

Screenshot of the error and what you are entering for your Facebook Stream Target.

[install-dir]/conf

[install-dir]/logs

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-create-a-compressed-zip-file-in-windows-os-x-and-linux

Regards,

JasonT

Hi Jason, I’m having this same problem. I followed all infos above but issue remains sometimes. It takes about 30 to 40 minutes and Facebook connection comes back. I’ve tried from 3 different serves, Wowza installed (3 different licenses, and hosted in 3 different countries) and it seems that, whenever it occurs, is ‘worldwide’.

Has this issue been resolved? I am still having the same problem and have been for some time. It is beginning to effect us in a very negative way. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Chris,

since my first post several months ago the issue suddenly disappeared, probably following a Wowza Straming Engine update (I’m currently running 4.7.0.01 build20312).

I say “probably” because when I first had the issue (and having no useful support from Wowza) I had to stream to Facebook in a different way. Weeks later, just trying to add the stream target, the issue was gone.

Hi, same around here. I’ve followed the opposite (log in to your Facebook account, and then log out. Then return to the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager tab and click Login again within the Stream Target configuration), but sometimes it happens, no matter what I do. No idea what causes this and when it will happen again. Only sure that, whenever it happens, targets can’t go live. Any ideas? Thanks

Thanks for the response. I will be updating the our servers to see if that helps. We are still running 4.5. We have to update dozens of servers when we go for an update so we usually only do it on major jumps in version but this is worth checking out. Again I appreciate your response.