Wowza Community

Wowza Test Players not working

Hi there,

Have just completed my first install. However when I try to play (VOD application) in Wowza Test Players it says ‘playing’ in the bottom of the player but … no stream (black screen).

Wowza Streaming Engine were installed for Windows on Azure. I can access the Wowza server by entering [wowza-ip]:1935 in a browser.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hello,

Can you please test the sample.mp4 with the VOD test player? Please have mp4:sample.mp4 entered in Media File Name.

Best,

JasonT

Hello,

The picture you attached is getting a 404 error. I would recommend checking that another program is not trying to use port 1935. I’ve seen this before happen.

You can view listening programs with Command Prompt or Terminal.

netstat -b -a -o | find “1935”

If that does not work, I would recommend opening a support case for further review.

Please attach a screenshot of what you are entering in your test player and the below conf/logs.

[install-dir]/conf

[install-dir]/logs

[install-dir]/manager/logs

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-create-a-compressed-zip-file-in-windows-os-x-and-linux

Regards,

JasonT

Hey Jason,

Thank you for response.

Of course I have used sample.mp4 but the result still the same. Just reinstall virtual machine and wowza server. Tried to start Wowza in stand-alone mode. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.