Wowza Community

Error handling after stream is live - iOS SDK

Hi,

This is only an iOS issue for right now. I’ve searched in the forums and the docs and I can’t seem to find a real answer.

My issue is error handling once the user is Live. The original bug was filed, but we aren’t 100% sure what actually went wrong. I am using the following steps to reproduce similar issue:

Steps I am using to reproduce:

1. Go Live

2. Turn on airplane mode

Actual Result: The only error I am getting (after 10 or so seconds) is that the stream is Idle. The status.error is returning nil. So the SDK is not really giving me an error.

Right now I am using -(void) onWZError:(WZStatus *) goCoderStatus {} to check to the error.

I am looking for a better solution. The original bug is not certain that the user actually lost connection.

Is there a better way to get better errors? Should I handle the connection issue myself or am I missing something in the SDK?

One more thing. I am seeing in the logs:

WowzaGoCoderSDK: Broadcast Message: Bitrate Changed

WowzaGoCoderSDK: Broadcast Message: Limited Bandwidth

WowzaGoCoderSDK: Broadcast Message: Encoding Paused

WowzaGoCoderSDK: sendAV: sendNalWithTimecode error: -1

WowzaGoCoderSDK: Broadcast Message: Stream Error

This is right before the onWZError gets called. On onWZEVent does display this errors, but it’s only returning a string of the issue.

SDK Version: 1.0.3 Build 365

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Wowza Forums!

Regarding the error code handling, I would suggest you update to the latest SDK. There is a fix for endStreaming and this sounds like wha tyou are experiencing. Here is a link to all the versions and the release notes, HERE.

On the messages you mentioned, that looks to be warnings of the stream changing due to you putting the phone in airplane mode).

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Jermaine

Hello, Jermaine

I have the similar issue in using ios sdk 1.0.3.

“Live Streaming Error” {Status is idle, with error “An error occurred when trying to connect to host: 10.0.0.81:” (code = 14)

Can you let me know about the result?
Thanks

streaming error status is idle error is An error occurred when trying to connect to host:live.someserver.net code = 15 what is error indicates

When there is limited or no bandwidth, the broadcaster is unable to keep up with the encoder and is thus filling up the buffers. It’s best to be able to monitor the available bandwidth and to stop the encoder when you reach a certain threshold.

Hello Jermaine Hemby.

I am using build no-0735-v1.0.5 3 still I am facing status idle couldn’t connect to server and application is crashing.

Following lines are returning in the above scenario:

WowzaGoCoderSDK: Broadcast Message: Bitrate Changed

WowzaGoCoderSDK: Broadcast Message: Limited Bandwidth

WowzaGoCoderSDK: Broadcast Message: Encoding Paused

WowzaGoCoderSDK: sendAV: sendNalWithTimecode error: -1