Wowza Community

Making DVR enable just for specific streams in same live application

Hi,

I want to make DVR enable just for streams which I want, not the whole streams of application. I have app1_live live application, and on it there are four streams which are: myStream1, myStream2, myStream3, myPlayout (which is scheduled stream and use wse-plugin-streampublisher plugin). I want to make DVR enable just for myStream1, myStream2 not for myStream3 and especially importantly myPlayout. How can I do this, is this possible?

Thanks.

I think you have 2 options

a) use this module to control what to record and what not (https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-control-which-streams-get-recorded-by-the-ndvr-recorder-moduledvrrecordercontrol

b)You can disable the automatic recording of nDVR when stream is published, and activate the nDVR API

Thanks for answer tavius.

a) I tried plugin but couldn’t make it work. Are you sure it is not just for Wowza Transcoder outputs? Because when I tried to configure it as recording just _live suffixes, it didn’t worked and record all streams and also playout.

b) I don’t know exactly when customers will stream. Also I guess, it still records all stream including playout when nDVR activated. That’s why it doesn’t work for me. But thanks anyway.