Wowza Community

video on iphone takes 30 seconds to load and play

I have installed trail version of WowzaStreamingEngine-4.5.0 on Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and placed all my video under /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/content/ folder. Now when I try to load them on iPhone with following URL: http://IPADDRESS:1935/vod/mp4:sample.mp4/playlist.m3u8 then it takes 30 seconds to load. How this time can be reduced or what settings I have to apply to load it faster. Please suggest.

Hello,

By default HLS needs 3 ten second chunks before starting a stream. To change this please view this article under Configure Properties for Live Streams.

Configure properties for live streams

Use a text editor to open the Application.xml file for your live application. Then add the properties described in the Cupertino segmenter property reference above to the / container. Be sure to add the properties to the correct container in Application.xml as there are several such containers in the file.

I would try a value like this to have 3 two second chunks. If the quality is effected, or buffering occurs, I would recommend upping the cupertinoChunkDurationTarget value.

cupertinoChunkDurationTarget

Integer

cupertinoMaxChunkCount

Integer

cupertinoPlaylistChunkCount

Integer

cupertinoRepeaterChunkCount

Integer

Please save and restart the Wowza Server when making changes.

Regards,

JasonT

nice for sharing…

Hello @naufalvitalitas

You are welcome, glad this could help.

Regards,

Jason