Wowza Community

How to provide template string for the streamRecorderFileVersionDelegate

I am trying to auto record incoming stream with the name format of ${SourceStreamName}_${RecordingStartTime}.

But, I cannot find a place where I can put template string above.

Is it possible for me to just put that template string to set file name of the recorded stream?

If it is not possible to do that, can anyone teach me how to compile java file that implements streamRecorderFileVersionDelegate?

I read some documents that say I have to implement streamRecorderFileVersionDelegate.

But, I have no idea about how to set up to compile that code.

Are you looking to build a custom module that will automatically start, stop and name the recordings of your live streams?

If so, you should be working with the following article:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-start-and-stop-live-stream-recordings-programmatically-livestreamrecordautorecord-example

The article should provide a good example on how you can get this done.

Regards,

Alex

I have followed the install instruction in that article but I don’t think it is working for me.

I have copied the jar file already compiled in the package to lib folder in my Server.

And, added the module from wowza console as the instruction says.

I copied all the values so I am pretty sure there’s no mistake from typing.

Please, tell me if there are any steps that I have to follow other than the steps already written in the install instruction.

Can you also let me know how to compile the java file in the package?

I have tried to compile it with java but it says there’s no main function or something.