Wowza Community

Problem with pulling rtmp stream

Hello,

I am new to the live streaming world and I try to adapt new feautures to do a live streaming.

Up until now I was using Flowplayer Flash and RTMP streaming. To connect the stream via Wowza all I had to do was pull the stream by opening the window that contained the Flowplayer and the stream was activated.

Right now I am doing some test with Flowplayer HTML5 and I found that HLS helps me better with my requirements.

During this test I found that when deactivating the Playback types in the Application Setup except RTMP and RTSP, I can still pull the stream. When I reactivate Apple HLS and MPEG-DASH, I can’t pull the stream through RTMP. I think that HLS and MPEG-DASH don’t support pulling, but my attempts are through RTMP.

Basically, what I want to do is pull the stream in RTMP, so that it is active, and then use the HLS to stream it through Flowplayer HTML5.

Thank you in advance

I’m sorry to hear you are running in to this issue.

Have you tested the HLS and RTMP playback using other players?

I tested both streams (from a local Wowza server) using VLC and it worked just fine.

The RTMP packetized stream is independent from HLS and MPEG-DASH packetized streams.

If you like us to take a look further in to the issue, please create a support ticket here:

https://www.wowza.com/support/open-ticket

Regards,

Alex